Do you have a budding writer on your gift list? We here at Silverdale Press are gearing up for the upcoming release for our new Persuasive Writing curriculum. So, we know a thing or two about the habits of great writers. Consider one of these gifts to help your friend or loved one cultivate the these habits.
1. Moleskine Paper Tablet: There's nothing quite like capturing your thoughts by hand. The paper is luxurious and the price is affordable. Moleskine products also come with apps to easily transfer handwritten notes from page to screen.
2. Roget's Thesaurus: Every writer should have a copy of Roget's Thesaurus on his or her desk. When the right word just doesn't come easily, a thesaurus can be indispensable.
3. Writer Memoirs: Writers read. It certainly doesn't hurt for writers to read books about the writing life, for both insight and inspiration. Try Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott or The Writing Life by Annie Dillard.
4. Style Guides: Books such as The Elements of Style by William Strunk and E.B. White and On Writing Well by William Zinsser give sound advice for writing in a variety of genres.
5. Coffee Shop Gift Card: What writer doesn't love to crank out words at a coffee shops? Ok, some writers don't like the buzz and bustle of cappuccino machines and customers. But many do.
We hope these suggestions help you find just the right gift.
Check out our About Page to learn more about us!